Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Adventure Begins

I am off tomorrow to live in London, England, for several months. My husband, J, has a job that requires him to be in London for a time. Being in between jobs myself I decided to tag along. I am looking forward to his sojourn in another country albeit one that shares the same language (mostly) with the United States.

The last few days have been hectic with packing and preparing our New York apartment for my departure. Furniture is being covered, plants are being farmed out to neighbors, the refrigerator cleaned out, etc. I must be truly mentally ill: I found five opened jars of salsa in the fridge with varying dates of expiration and amounts of remaining salsa. In addition there were several nearly empty jars of old preserves at the back. Why? I vow to live more simply and efficiently.

I am flying on Aer Lingus tomorrow for the first time, via Dublin. I am curious to see how it compares to other airlines.

No comments: